Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Woes of Proposing Something New

Success is moderate in my push for household privatization (within my own house).

One complaint went something like: "if I wanted, who's to stop me from sneaking downstairs and stealing other people's food in the night? They'd never know, and what do you expect- security cameras?"

Apparently my skeptic never came to the realization that this was an activity of which she was perfectly capable under the current system. I leave my wallet- unsupervised and undefended- by my beside whenever I sleep, as do most in my family. Should she desire, a quick trip downstairs, or wherever else, could result in a great deal of easy cash.

But she doesn't.

Or at least, I don't think she does.

The point being, it's grasping for straws. She's fighting a proposal with an argument that has equal effectiveness against that which the proposal fights- the status quo. She, like others, has most likely rejected the idea out of gut feeling, and uses other arguments as her facade.

That's a difficult matter to solve.

2 comments:

  1. Nature WorshipperMay 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM

    Whats to stop me from moving into your house and turning it into a greenhouse shrine to the nearest nature goddess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is well known that Gaia- perpetually nearest of nature goddesses due to her pervasive construct- is entirely unwilling to entertain the demands of power-lusting individuals, and so you would find resistance from the very forces you sought to encourage. Should your initiative be pursued at a time of nature goddess shrine shortage, perhaps you'd have a case, but given the several thousand that already exist in California- also known as "high schools"- I'm quite certain such a hypothetical is null.

      Delete