Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Kingdom of Truth and Love Explained

It is the belief of some men that life is better suited under conditions in which he strives for a more ideal knowledge - that is, a knowledge of things as they most directly relate to his well-being. One could contend that the idle chatting of the common man is sufficient for this cause - that speaking in terms of women, boys, clothing and food is all that is needed for our greatest happiness, but many of us think differently.

I contend, and by this contention hereby state the existence of my kingdom, that man is best-suited to ponder that which defines his existence. He is best-suited to think of what he is, what he can do, and what of the universe that binds him to things he does not understand. He is best-suited to stretch his boundaries of knowledge in ways entirely abstract from experience - in aprioristic ways, i.e., in those ways which are not related to the outside world, but to thought alone.

Consider that man does not know his true nature - I say this to the metaphysical idealist, or to the dualist, or to the man who believes he is ego - non-physical, but spiritual, or to he who acknowledges the impossibility of the statement: "I am my body", when in fact the faculty of his perception denotes the meaning of a being far greater. Consider that for all his uniqueness - his strange functions and powers when compared to the things he observes, these being his ability to observe, to think, to conceive and comprehened, to act - that for all this, man craves the material as though he were friends and equal peers with its nothingness, its dust-composition. I speak to the man whose bosom boils with that feeling of his superseding the temporal and mundane, to he who screams in agony at the thought of acquiescing in mere finitude - to he I say: join me.

The kingdom is a forum for discussion. It is a means to enlightenment, or to progression, or satisfaction in knowledge, to the man unsatisfied with his cognitive lot. It is a means for establishing a higher end, and then pursuing it by logical discourse. It is that medium by which men become gods - and one of many, but one nonetheless, if I do say so myself. The great compliment comes not from arrogance, but from acknowledgment in that possibility, and from the optimism that things get much better the much harder one strives. It is that driving optimism that leads me to the establishment of a kingdom for the like-minded.

Which is not to say the kingdom is for alone the theistic metaphysical idealist like myself, but for the man, who like myself, is of the mind that he can progress with the aid of his own thoughts and those of others - the man who believes this is purposeful, useful, and possible. To he I say: join me.

There is no commitment, there is no obligation, there is no binding force, there is no dictator, there is no leader, there is no establisher of say-so - it is the anti-cult, and not that which so many ascribe to it merely on the basis of its name. That name serves to promote the seriousness of the concepts it seeks - and be there other concepts to arise from the mount of knowledge shared, they would be ammended thereto were it not for the complications and confusions of an establishment's name-change. To those so infatuated with those ideas as I, and to the other noble virtues and values that make up man, to he I say: join me.

By any messaging - a comment here, a facebook message, an email (jacob.oveson@gmail.com), a text message (7203944411) - it is irrelevant by what means I am notified - by any such attempt to seek the truth through this medium, I will respond with a 4-page document of questions. Feel free to examine them first, then decide. Feel free to ask for the questions without even the intention to join. But read these, answer them, think through them, establish yourself, to me, as one who looks throughout the fringe of his mind, and you will be welcomed to the kingdom.

So far, cotented members have joined me willingly in this cause, eccentrically. Show me your enthusiasm and I will welcome you to that which I organize for our betterment.

Discussion should flow within the next month or so. All applicants are welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I'll take your questionnaire out of curiosity, but I still have no intent on joining until I have a better understanding of the goals of your organization. This isn't meant as an insult due to skepticism, it's meant as a "i can develop this understanding on my own given the resources you claim to provide." So send away good friend of mine, I'm eager to read your questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Luca, I'm afraid I don't know who you are. Mind giving me an email address to send to?

      Delete